Friday, July 20, 2012

Bolo's Legacy

I can't believe a month has gone by since Bolo crossed The Bridge, yet every day has seemed like an eternity.  What a strange paradox.

I think it was very good for Puppy to have Baja come to visit.  Bolo was very protective of Puppy but was never too keen on having Puppy cuddle him, or touch him even.  Baja was ok with being squished, almost fallen on, I'm sure we all stepped on her coat accidentally at one time or another, and she certainly didn't mind toddler cuddles:


It certainly showed me what a strong influence Bolo had on Puppy.  I wondered when Bolo crossed what, if anything, Puppy would take away from the experience of having Bolo in his life - I wanted him to have SOMETHING.  I was almost desperate to see ANYTHING in Puppy that Bolo had provided the influence for.  I saw what it was this past week.


It was Puppy's responsibility to put down Baja's food bowl twice a day.  He did an awesome job, and actually eagerly volunteered for it.

It was also Puppy's job to feed Baja cookies after walkies.  He was excellent at this job, and again, he volunteered.

Thank you Bolo for teaching Puppy to care for others so well and without any prompting.

The Mom

7 comments:

Dexter said...

Puppy loves dogs, that's for sure. I bet Baja liked having him to take care of too.

Mango Momma

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is a truly splendid legacy, Bolo. Yep, we know you can hear us!

Woofs,
Tommy

Moose said...

:-) Bolo was an awesome teacher! Very sweet to see. Baja looks like an awesome visitor too!

The WriggleButts said...

<3 Bolo was a great guy and brilliant teacher!

Kisses,
G

Chloe and Libby said...

I'm sure Bolo is watching him even now and very pleased with Puppy.
A month, miss you so much Bolo.

Two French Bulldogs said...

little man is so cute. Mom can't imagine days without us
Benny & Lily

koko said...

Bolo taught Puppy well... and we miss the big guy.

Licks, hero