Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday

Do you guys remember that Mommy promised me another Adventure last night? Well, I got two. One of them was Uncle Brett, the pizza guy and the neighbours all coming to the door at the same time. I had just woken up from a nap so I was a little confused. But boy was it FUN!

Then there was this:Yup, that says Veterinary Hospital. That's my regular vet. They know me and love me very much. Truth be told, I like them too. They're all very nice and they all say Hello to ME when I walk in the door, not Mommy and Daddy. They know who their client is. Mommy only wishes she could get that kind of service in electronic stores.

So there I am going into the vet clinic. I'm always eager to go in and then I realize where I am and want to head out. But I think that's normal for all of us. Isn't it? Please tell me it is.
Those legs belong to Daddy and the Vet Tech. I was just there for my Bordatella shot (I need one every 6 months to keep going to Day Camp) and there was one stitch left over from my incident that wasn't dissolving and was just hanging out. It wasn't bothering me but it was bothering Mommy. The Vet Tech - I'm sorry I didn't catch her name - took a good look at me (after a quick cuddle) and said yeah, she'd need the Doc to take that out. Here's the obligatory nose shot for the fans of my kissable squishable face. That's Daddy's arm in the picture.

Here we are waiting for the Doctor. That's my Daddy in the background. You'll notice that you can't see my tail. That's because I wasn't a happy pei at that moment. Like every other pup, and probably a bunch of humans, I don't like going to the doctors! I like the doctors themselves, but you never know what they're going to do! Sometimes that's scary for a puppy.Finally Doctor Ives came in. I gave her a little tail wag when she came in. She cuddled me too. I think she likes me. She got that nasty stitch out, gave me my Bordatella shot - for which I am a super trooper because I didn't even flinch - and gave me a quick checkup. You know, I kind of look like I'm laughing there. Not at her, at Mommy for taking the picture! Pei laughter.

I want to send out a Big Huge Drooly Thank You to the doctors and staff at the Cumberland Veterinary Hospital for taking such good care of me. Nose Kisses to all of you! (Yes, Mommy left my blog address with them. I hope they see this!)

Sniff ya later!

Pei-Ess, I saw that River sent me an award, Thank you River! I'll talk about that tomorrow!

7 comments:

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Bolo

Yep, I'm the same as you when I go to the V-E-T. I can sense it as soon as we turn around the corner right near their place!

Cheers

Charlie

Unknown said...

I love that last photo! Wow you look huge, like a prodigious dog-beast. Your doctor has a very nice face. She looks sweet. I spent 2 months at a vet clinic after I was rescued, so I think they are great places.

Willow the Black Dale said...

Bolo.... your mommy is so cool. She takes the bestest pictures. I am still convinced you are going to turn Uncle Brett (he is YOUR Brett by the way) into a dog person.
Your V-E-T looks nice.
I agree you do have a kissable smooshy face. If I were there I would give you lots of slurps!!!

Slurps,
Willow

River said...

Your vet looks so nice. I'm glad you had a good visit.

love & wags,
River

Dexter said...

The vet isn't so bad except when they want to get you on the scale!!! Momma says thanks for the smoochie face picture (I think the pooter screen has kisses on it).

Slobbers,
Mango

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Heya Bolo,

I am teriified of going to the Vet...I think all us dogs are. Congratulations on your pawlimpoc win.

Love Mona

Anonymous said...

Hi Bolo,

I too suffer from going-to-doc-phobia. You should see me on that table - my tail disappears and my ears flatten against my temples - and I begin to shiver!

About cuddles:

Oh...I get lots n lots of cuddles...so many that my appetite for cuddles has become somewhat jaded. Mercury is an invetrate cuddler - and with a small family of three, the number of cuddlees is somewhat restricted! This results in a glut of cuddles - unending supply with only two takers:)

Licks n Wags,
Oorvi