Monday, May 12, 2008

A Shar Pei's Work is Never Done

After a busy weekend of mini adventures around the park and meeting up with my friend behind the fence, I once again had to take care of HER, Mommy. She’s still sick. Sick enough that I really don’t want to lick her nose.

My day was spent making sure she was ok. Snoopervising her nap, making sure the mailman didn’t wake her up – I barked to keep him away – and making sure she had plenty of cuddles. She likes those.

I had to get up with her in the middle of the night, which means Daddy took my spot at the head of the bed. He learned that trick from me. I’m almost proud of him. No, I AM proud of him, who am I kidding.

We all got back to sleep, I was curled up on her blanket now, which she didn’t seem to mind. We woke up when Daddy left for work. I made sure she had some food; made sure she didn’t drown in the shower; made sure she came outside with me for a bit to get some sunshine; made sure she napped; and made sure she knew when Daddy came home from work.

As you can see, I’m exhausted! And it starts all over again tomorrow!

No comments: