Thursday, June 19, 2008

Let's Talk about Gas

No, not the kind Daddy puts in the car, I mean the stuff that WE, as pups – and maybe cats – I don’t know enough cats – are constantly being accused of creating.

My poor friend Charlie Daniels has been refused poultry treats because they make him gassy. But what about his Pawrents? Are they still eating beans and cabbage and fresh bread and grapes? Probably. Unfair I say! Unfair! Can we start a Chicken for Charlie campaign? Oh, and I’d like to taste it too please, I’m stuck with lamb.

Shar Peis have delicate tummies and when Mommy and Daddy had to change treats for my predecessor, he could apparently clear the room with an SBD (Silent But Deadly). Which he did periodically and then followed them out of the room going, Where’d you go? That’s part of the reason THEY don’t change my treats very often.

But think about this. They (and it’s not just MY pawrents, it’s everypuppies -and kitties I’m sure) are gassy ALL THE TIME. Trust me, when they’re sitting down, I’m at nose level! A lot more comes out of those sit upons then they admit to let me tell you!

On that note, I’ll leave you with another picture of me as a puppy.

This is me at about 3 months old. I think it was my first or second night in my furever home. That's my Daddy's hand on me. I was a little scared. You can tell because my tail is down. More about Shar Pei tail language another time. Sniff Ya later!

7 comments:

Charlie Daniels said...

Love it .. Love it .. I Love it ... I'll support the "Chicken for Charlie" campaign ... and while we are at it, can we organise a "Brussel Sprouts, Baked Beans and Cabbage" campaign for My Bi-Peds! ;-)

Great post

Cheers

Charlie

River said...

I totally support a Chicken for Charlie campaign esp. being on a different continent! Hi Bolo, I found you through Charlie's blog. My mom always wanted a Shar Pei and says you are such a beautiful color! She'd like to smooch your snout.

love & wags,
River

Molly the Airedale said...

Is gas really that bad? We get nuts and veges and they're both great gas producing foods! Mitch and I cancel each other out!
You sound like an Airedale, Bolo! If our tail are down, it means we're not happy! I guess it's the same with Shar Pei's?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Georgeous said...

We are vulnerable - it's so easy to blame the dog!
Love 'n' snuffies
George

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We love your blog and it is so true. Our humans always make those funny noises followed by a fowl smell. Yes Charlie should be allowed to eat chicken!!

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Cooper used to run like the devil was after him when he passed gas....well, farts really. Hope you're 'chicken for Charlie' campaign is a big success.

Levi's mom

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hi Bolo!

What a big, handsome boy you are!!! Maggie & Mitch suggested I stop by to see you and I'm glad I did! You're the first Shar Pei I've ever seen blogging, hope to be friends!

Love,
Bogart